Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day.

Another quintessential post, I know, I just feel like I have to write it though...

In no particular order...

To my dear father, who always forgives me, no matter how wrong I am, who always expects the most from me, no matter how insecure I am, who always trusts me, no matter how many times I let him down, and who always loved, loves and will love me as his little baby, no matter how old I get...

To my dear husband, who is an unbelievably understanding, giving, joyful, and selfless man to my wonderful children, who never tires of playing with them or explaining to them what is right and what is simply silly, who can watch himself in front of a mirror at 1AM and blow bubbles while washing his face: you rock our world!

To my father in law, who accepted me as a daughter from the moment I met him...

To my grandfather Ali, who patiently taught me how to ride a bike, how to swim, and pretended to have wet the bed that I slept in so I would not get in trouble, I miss you terribly and often dream of us dancing.

To my grandfather İsmail, whom I barely remember, but know in my heart that he held a special place for me in his heart, and can see his legacy in my fathers and uncles lives...

To Paul, who was courageous enough to take care of me as his own daughter at the age of fifteen and pushed me and my bike on countless slopes when my legs gave out...

To Sinan, who is patient and honest and funny and a role model for my children (god help me)...

Happy father's day!

No comments: