There are days when I think to myself "all I want to do is sit in front of the TV and watch reruns of EL Raymond." Really. I love that show. And those are the days when I barely have time to use the bathroom.
Take this past Sunday. Here's what happened:
-Take Arda to basketball practice (Burak takes Tunca to Freedom Park, at the same time)
- Go to a birthday party for Arda's friend from basketball team
- Meet relatives (waiting in front of our house for us to arrive because we had to watch the birthday kid blow the candles)
- Leave an hour later to another friend's house
- Ditch another friend whom we had promised to meet at the beach in the afternoon because of the traffic (and, they served us mini quiches and whiskey and wine and cheese platters - who could leave that?)
- Arrive home with two very hungry and dirty kids after driving in the usual Sunday evening traffic which makes a 10 minute drive into an hours drive.
- Feed, wash and put the kids to bed.
- Collapse after watching the last two episodes of Lost. What is the deal with Jack's dad by the way?
Fun fun fun.
My brother says my blog is pointless and not very informative. Here's what you should learn from this post: we have really cool friends who serve us whiskey, traffic in İstanbul sucks so don't go out unless you have to, and it's rude to invite people over and have them wait for you to arrive at your home. And make your beds in the mornings. Yes.